According to various news channels, like “zap2it.com” they tell us that The Washington Post is writing about the Ipad3, an upgrade from the Ipad2, supposedly with a HD screen, a 9.7″ screen supposedly coming out or being announced in January.
We’ll see whether the IPad3 is for real, and if it is when it will truly be launched. Not insignificant detail is the fact that Steve Jobs birthday is February 24 so some pundits speculate that the IPad3 will most likely be launched, if at all between February and April.
Price will most likely not be cut because the demand is still there to support the higher price then its competitors. No major redesign is anticipated according to the sources but one does think the capacity may be increased to 128GB. Not too shabby, particularly if it is going to be for the same price. But be warned, this is all speculations.
In the meantime ParkLaners, are you stuck with an “old” HP Touchpad, an “old” IPad2 or and “old” Motorola Xoom.
Let us know what you think. Will the new IPad3 be rolled out in the next few months?
- The iPad 3 Will Have A Full HD Screen (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- iPad 2: How Low Will Apple Go? (marketingpilgrim.com)
- iPad 3 Rumored to Launch Around Same Time as First Two iPads (techland.time.com)
- Apple press event (product-reviews.net)
- Rumored three iPad model lineup could cut entry price to $299 (news.cnet.com)